Nary a peep from the MSM!
More than two-thirds of the nation says it is fair for President Donald Trump to ask for a recount in key states, according to a new Newsmax/McLaughlin & Associates poll released Thursday.
Sixty-seven percent of likely voters backed Trump’s recounts where the vote margins in his race with Joe Biden were 1% or closer, which applies to states like Georgia, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Arizona.
Despite the close contests, 65% of Americans say the election will ultimately be decided honestly. But fully a third of all voters, 35%, said that there was significant fraud.
“This seems to be a very disturbing and high number for the country that always prided itself to be the world’s leading democracy…….The highest level of fraud concerns are among Trump voters at 70% and Republicans at 65%.”John McLaughlin
Here are how the results from the Newsmax/McLaughlin & Associates break down:
- 94% of Republicans blame most of the voter fraud in the recent election on the Democrats, while 6% say Republicans were behind it.
- 51% of those polled say voter fraud is a problem in big Democrat-run cities, compared to 49% who say it is not a problem.
- An overwhelming 90% approve of voter identification laws that make certain every vote cast in the election for president and Congress was cast by a legal citizen who was eligible to vote.
- A similar majority of 88% say they approve of states requiring that all mail-in ballots have a matching signature with the person’s voter registration.
- 57% believe media organizations like CNN, ABC, CBS, and NBC should declare Biden the winner even as recounts are being conducted in multiple states. But the vast majority of Trump voters, 77%, and Republicans, 70%, say the media should not.
- 42% say media coverage of the presidential races has been unfair and biased against Trump, 10% say it has been unfair and biased against Biden, and 48% say it has been fair to both candidates.
The election results have not made Americans happy or changed their outlook on the future of the country, however.
“It appears that the election has not inspired hope.”John McLaughlin
The poll, conducted by McLaughlin & Associates between Nov. 21 and 23, surveyed 1,000 likely general election voters. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.1 percentage points.
Newsmax/McLaughlin Poll: Two-Thirds of Nation Back Trump on Recounts