At least there were 6 Senators who were wise enough to vote against this travesty. I’m not a fan of Rand Paul (mostly because he is kin to Ron Paul) but I’m with him on the foolishness of this bill.
Senator Rand Paul slammed Republicans Monday for voting in favour of a huge $900 billion coronavirus relief bill, saying that they are no better than the Democrats they routinely label as ‘socialists’.
“To so-called conservatives who are quick to identify the socialism of Democrats: If you vote for this spending monstrosity, you are no better,”Rand Paul
The Democrat controlled House, as well as the Senate passed the legislation, also tacking on a $1.4 trillion spending bill, prompting Paul to criticise the move as the government giving away “free money”.
- “When you vote to pass out free money, you lose your soul and you abandon forever any semblance of moral or fiscal integrity,” Paul urged.
- “If free money was the answer… if money really did grow on trees, why not give more free money?” Paul said.
- “Why not give it out all the time? Why stop at $600 a person? Why not $1,000? Why not $2,000?
- Maybe these new Free-Money Republicans should join the Everybody-Gets-A-Guaranteed-Income Caucus?
- Why not $20,000 a year for everybody, why not $30,000?
- If we can print out money with impunity, why not do it?” the Senator proclaimed.
In addition to Paul, only five other Republicans voted against the legislation:
Senator Ted Cruz tweeted that there was no time to even read the bill, ironically agreeing with extreme leftist Democrat Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez:
Paul also noted that it would have been impossible for anyone to have read the bill:
Paul vowed to continue to ‘sound the alarm’ over excessive spending: