I never liked Chicago … the city or the football team … but I always liked Mike Ditka. What you see is what you get with him. He is an American patriot and proud of it. He’ll let you know exactly what is on his mind, in a way the leaves no doubt about where he stands.
It was just days ago that we noted the NFL’s ratings for Sunday Night Football this past week tanked significantly. We noted that this year’s NFL season seems to be more about social justice and Covid precautions instead of; well, playing football.
It appears that legendary coach Mike Ditka agrees. Ditka appeared on Newsmax this week to talk about the state of the NFL, offering up a scathing critique of how he believes that the league has lost its way.
- Ditka told the host: “Football’s football. It’s not a complicated thing. You’re playing the game, you’re enjoying the game. You don’t like the game, get out of it.
- It’s not for protesting one way or the other. What color you are, what you think, this or that. You play football. That’s it.”
- He continued: “You’re privileged. You got a gift from God that you can play the game because you got a body you can do it with.
- I don’t really understand what you’re protesting. I played the game. I coached the game for a long time. It makes no sense to me.”
“You ought to get down on your hands and knees and thank God every day that you can make the kind of money that you can make playing football, or playing any sport,”Mike Ditka
- He continued: “I would tell those players go to another country and play football there. You don’t have to come out. You don’t have to come out if you go to another country. You can’t! Because the game’s only played in this country.”
“If you can’t respect this country, get the hell out,”Mike Ditka
You can listen to Ditka’s full comments on NewsMax here: