It is not because he is 77 years old … it is because what mind he ever had is rapidly disappearing. Isn’t he supposed to be in jail by now for extortion over in the Ukraine?
In another illustration of how many Americans are concerned about Joe Biden’s advancing age and declining mental faculties, a new Rasmussen poll has found that 59 per cent of likely voters don’t believe he’ll finish a 4 year term in the White House.
Broken down along party lines, 74 per cent of Republicans believe Biden won’t make it through his first term while 49 per cent of Democrats agree.
Just 14% of voters think it’s “not at all likely” that Biden’s running mate will become president before his first term ends.
Questions about Biden’s age and his alleged cognitive decline have dogged his campaign for months.
During an interview last week, Biden once again stumbled over his words while trying to assert that he didn’t need to be mentally tested.
Polls show that 38 per cent of American voters think Biden has “some form of dementia,” including one in five Democrats. 61 per cent of voters also think Biden should address the dementia issue publicly.
If the majority opinion holds true and Biden wins the election, that means his running mate, the just announced Kamala Harris, is virtually guaranteed to become president before 2024.
Additionally, Jim Rickards’ expectation now is that Biden won’t even make it to The White house and will soon be replaced as the nominee soon.
Democratic insiders will probably force him out of the race in the next week or so.
- They don’t want to risk exposing him to the American people before the election. For Democrats, the stakes are simply too high.
- One public incident or serious slip-up is all it could take to kill his chances in the election. The American people simply aren’t going to elect someone who they feel is mentally unfit for office.
- Many voters obviously dislike Trump. But, no one could credibly argue that he’s suffering from cognitive decline.
- So what’s going to happen?
- The Democrat power brokers (Tom Perez, Donna Brazile, Valerie Jarrett, Philippe Reins, AOC, John Podesta and a few others) will get in a room and pick a new nominee.
- Biden will “release” his delegates, and party leadership will direct the super-delegates to support that choice. This will start a stampede among the former Biden delegates.
- The Bernie Sanders delegates will already be onboard because they’ll be part of the consultation. Then the new nominee will pick a VP and the “convention” will tidy things up. The race will continue from there.
- Alternatively, the power brokers could allow Biden to get the nomination and then remove him as nominee before the debates. That’s even easier because there are no delegates involved. It’s just an executive committee decision the candidate cannot refuse.
- Still, the process will be a shock to millions of Americans who’ve been expecting a Biden candidacy.
How much of a surprise would that really be?