Every family has one!
- President Donald Trump’s niece Mary L. Trump is publishing a book that will reveal herself to be the primary source of a New York Times investigation into the president’s finances, The Daily Beast reported.
- Mary Trump will say she supplied The Times with confidential family tax documents, The Daily Beast said.
- The Times investigation later revealed that the president wasn’t a self-made man but had his father bolster his failing businesses in the 1990s with hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Mary Trump is the daughter of Fred Trump Jr., the president’s older brother who died in 1981 at the age of 42 from complications of alcoholism.
- People familiar with the book told The Daily Beast that Mary Trump would also accuse her uncle of playing a part in her father’s death.
President Donald Trump’s niece is set to publish a tell-all book on their family drama in August, in which she will say she leaked tax documents to help a New York Times investigation into his finances, according to The Daily Beast.
Mary Trump, 55, is the daughter of Fred Trump Jr., the president’s older brother who died in 1981 at the age of 42 from a heart attack triggered by alcoholism.
Her book, “Too Much and Never Enough,” is scheduled to arrive August 11 from Simon & Schuster, three months ahead of the presidential election and days before the Republican National Convention.
People with knowledge of her book told The Daily Beast that it would be filled with “harrowing and salacious” stories about the president.
According to The Daily Beast, she will identify herself as the primary source for The New York Times’ 2018 Pulitzer Prize-winning exposé on the president’s finances by supplying her grandfather’s tax returns and other confidential financial papers.
The Times investigation had revealed that the president wasn’t a self-made man but had his father bolster his failing businesses in the 1990s with injections of more than $400 million in today’s dollars.
Mary Trump’s book will also allege that Donald Trump and his father played a role in his brother’s death by neglecting him when he needed their help, The Daily Beast reported.
The sources said the book would also include conversations with the president’s sister, Maryanne Trump Barry, a retired federal judge who is said to express “damning thoughts about her brother,” according to The Daily Beast.
There has been bad blood between Mary Trump and her uncle Donald since the death of Fred Trump Sr. in 1999.