Welcome to “Whatcha Got Cookin’”, the thread will be posted on the 1st & 3rd Thursday of each month. Your ideas, thoughts and recipes are welcome. Send your recipes to……
H/T this morning to Yankton, Tazz and I threw in my Homemade Blackening Seasoning. Hopefully each will appear here today to answer any questions you may have….Great recipes, Thank You!
Philoskis (breakfast sandwich) Easy to make. Feeds 4-6 people.
- 1 roll of Pillsbury Italian bread
- 3-4 sausage patties
- 12 eggs
- Extra Sharp Colby cheese
- Cajun seasoning
- Cyan pepper (personal choice)
- Cook the sausage and chop up (I use a food processor)
- Scramble the dozen eggs (I throw the cooked ground up sausage in with the eggs while cooking)
- Open the bread dough and roll it out. Cut it into 6 even pieces
- Place an ample amount of shredded cheese on each piece of dough
- Spoon a generous amount of scrambled egg and sausage on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning and pepper on top of the scrambled eggs.
- Wrap the egg/sausage/cheese up in the bread. Turn the philoski over to keep the bread from unraveling.
- Bake all 6 sandwiches at recommended time and temp as given on the bread dough package.
- Remove from oven and brush with butter. Add a little cinnamon on top.
- You can freeze what isn’t eaten. Thaw and heat up in microwave.
Easy Party Dip Ingredients
- 1 small can Underwood Deviled Ham
- 1 Jar Kraft Pimento Cheese Spread – The kind that comes in a glass jar
- 1 Cup Miracle Whip – Use Miracle Whip. Mayonnaise does give the Dip the right taste
- Tabasco Sauce
- 1/4 Minced/Fine Diced Red Onion
- Frito’s Scoops Party Size
- Ruffles Chips
- Mix Deviled Ham, Pimento Cheese Spread, Miracle whip in a bowl.
- Add 6 dashes Tabasco – Mix
- Add Minced Onion
- Add 3- 6 more dashes of Tabasco if you want it just a bit bolder. Don’t add too much.
- Mix Well
- Chill 4 hours or overnight is best
- Serve with Frito’s and/or Ruffles Chips. Frito’s are best.
Jorline’s Blackening Seasoning
Single Batch Recipe
- 3 tablespoons Smoked Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Hot Hungarian Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- **1-1/2 teaspoons Sea Salt**
- Measure all the herbs and spices in a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- I mix 5 batches at a time. Yes, I go through it that quickly.
- Store in a large used spice (large holes) or Tupperware container.
- I listed sea salt, although I leave it out when I make it.
- Great for blackening fish, chicken or beef. Use it liberally.