“When will the promoters of sanctuary cities be held accountable for these atrocities?”
Source: Daily Mail
A Mexican immigrant who was released by Chicago authorities despite ICE telling them not to ‘went on to rape a three-year-old girl in a McDonald’s bathroom as she cried ”daddy, daddy”.’
Christopher Puente, 34, is accused of sexually assaulting the girl at the restaurant on 600 N. Clark St. in the River North area of the city at around 8am on February 19.
The alleged attack happened while the girl’s father was in another stall with her brother, who had had an accident in the restaurant.
However ICE had requested that police continue detaining the previously deported felon – who had convictions for forced-entry burglary and forgery.
Despite his background, Chicago declined ICE’s June 2019 request to detain Puente. ICE have said this is an increasingly common battle, with the agency reporting that Cook County, which includes Chicago, denied more than 1,000 detainer requests in 2019 alone.
Puente’s bond hearing in Cook County heard the little girl’s mouth was covered as she began whimpering ‘daddy, daddy’ – before her father pulled her legs from under the door to get her to safety.
The horrific ordeal was relayed in court where the accused rapist appeared for the first time.
Robert Guadian, field office director of Chicago Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO), blamed ‘irresponsible lawmaking’ for Puentes release.
‘How many more victims must there be before lawmakers realize that sanctuary policies do not protect the innocent?’ Guadian said.
‘Puente should have been in ICE custody last year and removed to his home country. Instead, irresponsible lawmaking allowed him to walk free and prey on our most vulnerable,’ he told Fox News.