Mother Nature musta been pissed off at sumpthin’!
- A Lake Erie waterfront neighborhood in Hamburg, New York is completely covered in ice
- Cold snap and blizzard over the weekend with freezing 21F temperatures and 47mph gust winds froze area
- Some residents estimated the ice was between one and three feet thick on their homes
- Shocking photographs show homes completely iced over, forcing residents to chisel their way out
- Icicles and muddy ice were photographed dangling from rooftops and windows on the homes
- This is the sixth storm in a matter of months to batter the area as residents demand Hoover Beach officials build a breakwall to protect from further property damage
An icy blast and blizzard in the East Coast has frozen over a Lake Erie neighborhood in New York, transforming homes into igloos and the water into an ice sheet.
Homes in Hamburg, New York were completely covered in ice over the weekend, with icicles hanging down from doors and windows, leaving some homes completely in the dark due to frosted windows.
Shocking photographs show homes and trees on Hoover Beach, just in front of the lake, covered in thick muddied snow and ice.
The damage was so extreme that some residents had to force their way out of the house as the ice covering their homes was between one to three inches thick.
“I actually had to go out a secondary door and then chisel my way back into the house by breaking the ice…..This is like our sixth storm in a matter of a few months, and it’s kind of wearing on everybody.”Ed Mis
Hoover Beach, New York
Mis said he checked in on his neighbors after waking up and realizing the entire neighborhood was covered in ice.
He said the woman living next door to him had her home completely covered in thick ice that almost reached her roof.