Musk called the English Explorer a “pedo guy” or sumpthin’!
Twitter will bite ya on the ass every time!
- Musk is being sued by Vernon Unsworth who he called a ‘pedo’ in a 2018 tweet
- The British diver says Musk defamed him after he criticized his idea to use a mini submarine to rescue 12 boys from a cave in Thailand
- Musk tweeted the remark then hired a private investigator to look into Unsworth
- He then sent an email to BuzzFeed claiming to have knowledge that Unsworth was of unsavory character
- Specifically, he suggested that the man had married his wife when she was a minor
- Both sides submitted their witness lists in California court last week
- A judge has repeatedly denied Musk’s attempts to have the case thrown out
Elon Musk will take the stand at his defamation trial against a British diver who he called a ‘pedo guy’ next month.
The Tesla billionaire is being sued by Vernon Unsworth in a California court. In 2018, Musk tweeted that he was a ‘pedo guy’ after Unsworth criticized his efforts to rescue 12 boys from a cave in Thailand using a miniature submarine.
Musk has been trying to have the case dismissed for months and last week, a judge denied his most recent attempt to have it thrown out.
Both sides have now submitted witness and evidence lists which reveals how the trial will take shape.
Musk plans to not only testify himself, but his lawyers will also call on Unsworth’s Thai wife, Woranan Ratrawiphukkun, and his first wife, Vanessa.
He will also call Unsworth and former Tesla senior director of global communications Dave Arnold.
Musk’s lawyers say they will use texts, emails and photographs as evidence exhibits.
Musk made critical comments about diver Vernon Unsworth, who helped with the rescue, after the diver ridiculed Musk’s proposal to build a mini-submarine to save the Thai boys, calling it a ‘PR stunt.’
In one of his various attempts to stop the case, Musk tried to suggest that ‘pedo guy’ was a common insult in South Africa, where he is from.
Judge Stephen Wilson rejected that argument.
He accepted aspects of Musk’s argument that Unsworth was a ‘limited public figure’ who had voluntarily injected himself into the public debate about how to save the boys – meaning he would have to prove actual malice from Musk.
Elon Musk will testify at defamation trial against British diver who is suing the Tesla billionaire for calling him a ‘pedo guy’ as judge rejects his request to have the case thrown out for the third time