A fake video of President Trump shooting, stabbing and brutally assaulting media personalities and political opponents was played at a conference for his supporters at his Miami resort last week, The New York Times reported Sunday.
Donald Trump Jr., former White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) were all scheduled to speak at the three-day conference hosted by American Priority at Trump National Doral Miami.
Sanders and a person close to Trump Jr. told the Times that neither one saw the video. The Hill has reached out to DeSantis’s office.
White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham tweeted Monday morning that Trump had not yet seen the video, but would watch it shortly.
The video obtained by the [New York] Times also features the logo for Trump’s reelection campaign.
The event’s organizer told the Times that the clip had been played at the conference, saying it was part of a “meme exhibit.” He denounced the video and said his organization was looking into how it was shown at the event.
“Content was submitted by third parties and was not associated with or endorsed by the conference in any official capacity…… American Priority rejects all political violence and aims to promote a healthy dialogue about the preservation of free speech. This matter is under review.”Alex Phillips
Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh told The Hill that the “video was not produced by the campaign, and we do not condone violence.”
But this is OK?
Got it!…. Just so I know the rules!